JPL's commitment to conducting business ethically is rooted in Caltech's Eleven Principles and our five key values of Openness, Integrity, Quality, Innovation, and Inclusion. Employee behaviors should reflect these values in how they interface with others and in all that they do. By following Caltech's Code of Conduct and applying JPL values, you will make important decisions that have considerable impact on JPL's scientific and technical goals. As a result, each employee is a significant contributor in sustaining JPL's ethical and business success.
Caltech 11 Principles
- Strive for excellence
- Act with integrity
- Encourage open, honest and respectful discourse
- Respect and promote freedom of inquiry
- Foster a supportive and diverse community
- Commit to education
- Conduct work responsibly
- Protect the interests of those who place thier trust in us
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for learning and working
- Obey the law and comply with institutional policies
- Represent Caltech
JPL Honor Code
- I will conduct all business dealing with fairness, honesty and integrity.
- I will protect all information and resources available to me from loss, theft, and misuse.
- I will avoid even the appearance of conflict of interest or any other impropriety.
- I will treat my fellow employees fairly and with dignity and respect.
- I will help create and sustain an atmosphere conducive to the spirit of this code